February 11, 2012

Romancing the Heart

In the spirit of the celebration of love I thought I would pay homage to my favorite guilty pleasure chick-flick movie - When Harry Met Sally...

Not only are the characters imperfect, but it is about a real partnership that develops between two people. 


Most movies that aim for the female demographic create a world-wind romance that is simply unrealistic or too good to be true (The Notebook anyone?), but this movie gets it right. These characters go from random strangers to best friends in a natural setting. No rustic vineyards, beach romps, or passionate kisses in the rain.


Though there is a marvelous scene in a diner. You might have heard about it. Though, while everyone talks about a certain experience Sally fakes I personally love witnessing the easy banter between the two. Even if they can't see it yet there is a natural build-up of trust that will climax (sorry, it was too easy not to make a remark) into a deeper bond.


Our current world is all about instant gratification and love has unfortunately fallen victim to this monster. So, whenever I get in a slump about my love life it is so refreshing to pop this movie in, wrap myself in a cozy blanket with a warm cup of tea, and consider a real possibility that might be waiting around the corner.


I just kinda hope it doesn't take another 12 years....
Until next time,

powerkat

No comments:

Post a Comment