February 10, 2012

Pandora's Box

Have you ever been asked a question, thought you only had one response, but before you open your mouth you suddenly realize that you actually have too emotions to make anything but "blah..meh...um... how about you"?


This is what I've repeatedly experienced someone asks how I am doing with moving to California to start Optometry school in the fall. My gut wants to say that I'm doing amazing and envisioning a new adventure that can't come soon enough. Then, as I'm about to tell them just that, my mind goes blank, I break out into a cold sweat, and start thinking of all the things I have to do before I move down there. These thoughts rapidly progress to an all-out panic attack of 'AM I EVEN READY FOR THIS?!' Which, of course I am. 100%. Not freaked out at all.

So, if you ask me how I am feeling I'll say it feels surreal, but I'm ready. Which is true if I dig under all of that anxiety.

Are there topics that make you have too many emotions to process? How do you handle them?

My solution? Chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, ice cream, and a good movie. Works for a lonely Valentine's Day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment