February 9, 2012

Long Time No See

So... as predicted this endeavor did not last more than 2 posts back in 2010. And no followers. Not that I would want any, but still. If anyone does happen to come across this blog I want to make this important statement: I am a goal-setter and overachiever. There is no way to beat it around the bush or be modest when it comes to my desire to succeed at what I pursue. Sometimes I might take longer than others to decide on what I want to pursue, but once I've made up my mind I follow through.

Lets sum up the last two years so everyone can be caught up and then move forward together. I've been working in a job that has taught me how to deal with very different personalities than my own and has pushed me to my limits (in good ways and bad). While struggling to make the most of a job that I've considered an "in-between" phase from undergrad to grad school, I've been figuring out what grad program I want to pursue for a career. I've always leaned towards health care and have a knack for science, so exploring health careers was a major to-do in 2010. During that year I fell in love. No, not with a handsome fellow... though I did look into many people's eyes. Yes, I began a love affair with Optometry and the affair blossomed into a full-fledged romance. In fact, all of 2011 was dedicated to applying for Optometry school! From studying and taking the OAT (Optometry Admissions Test), compiling resumes, letters of rec, writing a concise personal statement, to finally attending interviews and being accepted to my school of choice. It was a crazy ride from start to finish with more crying breakdowns than I've ever experienced in my life. (Another side note: I am very emotional, but hardly ever cry. If you witness a tear drop from my eyes.... 1) don't take a picture because I'll give you something to cry about, and 2) I trust you till the end of time)

Now, after those two years of struggling with figuring out my future I now have plenty of time to better enjoy the present. Hence, here I am world! This blog will be about my new adventures - mundane, everyday, random, exciting, and maybe unique - before and while I am in Optometry school because really, who doesn't want to learn about how I view the world? Maybe my musings will give you a clearer view on your own life. After all, I will be an Optometrist and that is in the job description. And you know how I love to follow through on goals.

Until next time,

powerkat

No comments:

Post a Comment