February 21, 2012

Cookie Monster Generation

Is our generation (Generation Y) the generation of the Cookie Monster? You're thinking 'This is what she thinks about all day?'

No friends. I don't think about the Cookie Monster all day. I think about how all the blogs I've traveled to in the past month have typed "nom.nom" at least twice per blog. Where did this nom business come from to describe how we feel about a recipe or dish? I guess I can see how the two word term fits and paints a clear picture in one's mind.

When presented with 'nom,nom' I am instantly transported to my 5 year-old mind and the Cookie Monster of Sesame Street being my idol. He was so excited to consume those cookies that his furry blue paws (or is it hands) just smashed the cookies in his face. All the while he was say 'nom, nom! cookies!' and his jiggly eyeballs rolling around. You wanted to be right next to him to get the flying stray bits of chocolate chips. Ahh, young childhood memories.

Anyways, back to this nom business. Great descriptive word and takes me to a happy place. But, didn't the Cookie Monster ultimately realize that cookies can only be a sometimes food? And to extrapolate further, hasn't our generation seen how over consumption can destroy a person, family, community, or even, shall I say it, a country?

This is what I think about all day and why I need a place to jot out my random thoughts.

Until next time,

powerkat

ps: Next time I'll add a recipe. nom!nom! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment