March 13, 2012

Weekend Update

Apologies for my lack of frequent/daily postings. Sometimes you just have to live life and stop being plugged into the system.

When I unplug myself I am instantly transported back to being a kid. Anyone from Generation Y can probably relate. Growing up we actually played outside and only the lucky kids had Nintendo Game Boys or Mario Brothers. We drank in the sun and made mudpies, built forts, rolled in the grass until we itched like crazy (or maybe that was just me - hay fever allergies anyone?). We actually had to call our friends' house phones to see if they were available to play and wrote letters we mailed to Grandma. 

So, to follow the post subject, Weekend Update, what did I do? I unplugged from the technology, sat inside, watched the rain pour, read a book, worked out, finished the taxes, found recipes for homemade granola (keep an eye out for a future post on that adventure), and... bought a car!!

Subaru Impreza
I am moving to Car City (southern California) in only a few months and as I currently survive by biking, walking, or the generosity of my parent's lending the car, this was a must-buy. After careful 3 months of research and frustrating searches, I finally found the car I wanted at a great price. 

No name yet, but this bundle of joy will make me very happy. Especially since it gets 37 mpg on the highway. So, in a weird twist, thank you technology!

Until Next Time, 

powerkat

No comments:

Post a Comment