March 5, 2012

Weekend Update

How was your weekend? Not long enough? I agree.

The days were filled with adult responsible activities that made my days off from work seem lack luster. Definitely did not put a hop in my step. The upside? I made yummy bruschetta pizza to lighten my dreary mood.




no after shot because I was too hungry...

Paired with a glass of wine, warm fire, and my latest leisure book, Fast Food Nation, my Sunday night was the weekend cap I was desperately searching for. 

I love how cooking delicious food and enjoying a nice read can instantly improve my mood. Now, if only the sunshine could come back so I could take this on a hike! Soon, aka 4 months from now, the rain will stop and I'll get my wish. 

Until Next Time, 

powerkat

Bruschetta Pizza (courtesy of Taste of Home)
Ingredients 
1/2 pound reduced-fat Italian sausage
1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust 
1 package (6 ounces) sliced turkey pepperoni 
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese 
1-1/2 cups chopped cherry tomatoes 
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced 
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme 
1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar 
1/4 teaspoon salt 
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Additional fresh basil leaves, optional

Directions:
1. In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place crust on an ungreased baking sheet. Top with pepperoni, sausage and cheese. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. 
2. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, sliced basil, oil, garlic, thyme, vinegar, salt and pepper. Spoon over pizza. Garnish with additional basil if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment