July 24, 2012

The Return of the Weekend

Since I've finally figured out where I will be laying my head this next year, my weekends have come back to me!

This past weekend I went with the parents to the Oregon Lavender Festival that highlights lavender farms throughout the Willamette Valley. The day started out really overcast, but turned absolutely gorgeous come early afternoon. This only made the fields of lavender pop even more.



Walking down the rows of lavender with the humming of honey bees all around (and live folk music in the background!) was so relaxing.


Did I mention there were free food samples at almost all of the farms we went to? Sa-weet! Lavender honey, lavender jam, lavender beer, lavender snickerdoodles... a girl couldn't ask for more. Sadly for you, I didn't take pictures of the food. I saw it. I ate it. End of Story.

Until Next Time,

powerkat

No comments:

Post a Comment