January 24, 2010

In the Beginning

I usually don't last long on these blogging sites. Either I get bored with the concept or forget that I even created a site. Both occurrences are common in my life. If I get bored, lose interest, or forget something that once held meaning I usually drop whatever it was that I "gave up on" and move on to something else. This isn't to say that I don't follow through on things or make accomplishments. I do, but usually it takes longer than I originally anticipated.

Maybe this lack of commitment stems from the ideal of perfectionism and wanting to be the best at something. I am of a smaller stature and very petite, so most of my life I have had to defend my capabilities to the rest of the world. But, can't everyone find some part of their life that holds them back? Don't most people find excuses for not making the cut in whatever they were pursuing? So, why is it that some people, like myself, use this hinderence as a crutch and a reason for not completing their goals?

I am, by no means, someone with a special gift. You could say that I am intelligent and I am. You could say I am athletic and enjoy being active, which is true. You could even say that I am an artist, though inexperienced in instruction, and I could show you my few pieces of work. However, nothing makes me stand out from the crowd. And there is nothing wrong with that because most, if not all of us, will never amount to more than an average person living an average life while influencing a few people around us before leaving this earth (to where, you decide). Enter the blog site to fulfill the need to be more.

A blog allows someone to reach beyond their setbacks and connect or influence people further than they might have if they were limited to their physical surroundings. Blogs are a portal to the rest of the world and can be used as tools for personal enlightenment. This is why blogs can be both therapeutic and detrimental to an individual.

I often find that most people I know who do use blogs have a common trait. The desire to be liked by many. While they may not outwardly express the need to be warmly welcomed and accepted by their peers, they pursue interests or careers where they can easily influence others. In high school they were the high school cheerleader or the person who ran the theater production. Maybe they even ran for a student body government position. Without a doubt, people looked at them with a sense of, "They are important. They have an edge. They are different, but in a good way." And, these people fed off of these comments. So, what better way to continue that trend by adding a unique perspective on life by starting a blog and, of course, letting everyone they know about it? Hell, isn't that how people become known? A person who has a small, ordinary life, but because of how they spin their story, have a completely unique outlook on life.

Not everyone can easily manipulate their lives into something more substantial than every day happenings such as going to the grocery store, spending time with friends and family, and walking the dog. I know I can't. I get up, go to work, come home, have dinner, maybe walk the dog on the weekends, spend time with friends, sleep, and repeat until a vacation. However, a blog is a way for even the ordinary person to become extraordinary. And there is nothing wrong with that. I guess I just don't care if people read my thoughts on my life or deem my "adventures" to be interesting. I find my life to be perfectly enjoyable, but why try to make others feel the same? In the end, it won't matter what others think of my life. How I view my life will be the only important opinion when I face my final reckoning. A blog is not the end all to deeming a life worthy of excellence.

Sure, I might be thinking too deeply into why I don't stick with a blog site. After all, the purpose for most blog sites is to just let people express their thoughts about life while also becoming an instant autobiographical author. In short, blogs feed off of an individuals desire to feel special and important. In this day in age with all of the reality tv shows, we could probably use less of that, but at the same time... if it makes you happy, why the hell not?

This is where my story begins. I am just an average girl leading an average life trying to make the most of it. If you have thoughts feel free to add them, but be warned: this may not last that long and I just might forget about this site all together. Why? Hopefully because I will be living my life beyond the world wide web and participating in my physical surroundings. Maybe I should hope that this won't last long. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment